Finding an auto insurance policy that protects you and the other drivers in your household should be one of your highest priorities. The agents at Jerome and Summey Insurance Agency want to make finding the right policy stress-free and easy for you. Here are five things you should look for when shopping for auto insurance in Brevard, NC:
- Make sure you meet North Carolina’s auto insurance requirements. – In North Carolina, it’s required by law that you carry liability coverage to pay for bodily injury and property damage caused by any individual covered on your policy.
- What types and how much coverage do you need? – Even with North Carolina’s minimum requirements, it’s vital that you consider more coverage options. Compare your premiums against possible future repairs in the event of an accident. You’ll need to consider the value of your car and how much it might cost to fix it if you’re in a wreck.
- What are your deductibles? – When you talk to most insurance companies, they’ll probably offer you a choice of deductibles. For example, they might ask if you’d rather have a lower premium each month but pay a bit more for a claim. Other policies might offer the exact opposite. A smart tip is to consider your current cash intake before deciding on a deductible.
- See if any discounts are available. – Discounts are another thing you’ll need to consider. While each insurance company is different, most offer some type of discount. Examples of discounts include getting an improved rate for having more than one policy with the company, having a clean driving record, or for having extra safety features on your vehicle.
- Get a quote for your premiums. – In North Carolina, your driving record will have the biggest impact on your insurance premiums. The area you live in will also affect your rate. A North Carolina insurance agency will consider the value of your vehicle, population density, nearby road conditions, and more.
Are you searching for car insurance in Brevard that’s best for your needs? Talk to Jerome and Summey Insurance Agency to learn more about the types of auto insurance and how we can find a policy that suits you. Request a quote today for auto insurance in Brevard, Transylvania County, and surrounding areas.